Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Macon" My Way Into the Week

Happy Tuesday! I hope you all started the week off right!

I know this is a little late for a weekend update post, but I wanted to share my little "adventures" with you none the less. 

In my ever growing culinary world, I made my first single serving cookie in the microwave. Randall said it was best chocolate chip cookie he has ever had. (And he's been bothering me relentlessly to make him one every night since.) It's incredibly easy to make (only 60 seconds in the microwave), and perfect when you want a sweet snack without the temptation of scarfing done a dozen. I'll be sharing the recipe soon!


I also had the pleasure of dining with one of my best friends, Katherine Whitfield, at a great local, Mexican restaurant, El Toro Loco. I'm so behind on my local restaurant reviews, but I've been doing great supporting these fantastic Memphis joints. I highly encourage my fellow Memphians to dump the chains and eat local! You're missing out on one of a kind foods, charming atmospheres, and passionate customer service.

Along with my microwave cookie recipe, I will also be sharing my El Toro Loco review sometime this week! In a nutshell, the food was delicious! It definitely made it into my top 3 favorite Mexican restaurants. The whole experience was made even better by being able to catch up with one of the most amazing ladies I know. I have been missing Katherine ever since she left the bookstore to focus on her ever growing successful career at Le Bonheur. She recently just finished writing a book full of a compilation of amazing stories from patients and their families called "Once Upon a Heart." You can find it on sale now at The Booksellers at Laurelwood and all proceeds are donated to the children's hospital!


One of my favorite pictures of Katherine in a Chugginton conductor hat. She's adorbs!
Katherine, thank you so much for a wonderful Sunday evening dinner. I've missed your face, humor, and overall sweetness! Thank you for your advice and being so wonderful!  

This past weekend was also the last that Randall and I had to take care of the cutest, smartest, sweetest, calmest dog in the world. I've always been a BIG dog girl myself, but I've fallen in love with Shelties and am determined to own one very soon. I already have names picked out (so sad), Fox (like Fantastic Mr. Fox) for a boy and Foxy for a girl. 



But before we can get a dog, the papers for the freakin' condo have to be processed. I know it's not uncommon for these things to be severely delayed, but it's driving me crazy! More than half of summer is gone and NOTHING has been done to place. I'm sure we'll be working on this well into Fall...

Even though we're still waiting, Randall took me out shopping on Saturday. We were supposed to go to HomeGoods in Cordova because I had been told they finally opened, but they're not! So instead of sulking, we walked over to Marshalls to look at their home items instead and discovered some cute finds that we both really liked. I finally have Randall convinced to incorporate my beloved blue/turquoise somewhere in the color scheme! Now I just have to work on getting him to let me paint stripes.

Below are some of pics of the look we want to go for when everything is all said and done (who knows when that will ever be!)



I wish all of my major kitchen appliances could be Tiffany blue! But I'd rather everything match nicely, so I'll just continue to dream.


Loved everything about these chairs! And the cream pillow looks great with them.



I can't believe Randall actually approved of this pillow!

One of the softest blankets! And cute color pattern too.

We both really loved the color of this lamp. I thought I'd never see the day I would get Randall to like something like this!


Future champagne chew toy for Mr. Fox or Miss Foxy.

A "douche" shower caddy. hahaha Yes, we're 10 year olds.

Blue/gray storage ottoman. I'd love to see this at the end of the bed!

Guess how much this mens shirt cost before it was marked down?

Say what?!

I hope you all have a great week! Recipes, reviews, and a new movie review guest blog coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Douche is the French word for shower, silly. That shirt is hideous. I want the upholstered chair, with the white pattern on dark blue, behind the gray one in the picture of three chairs in a row. The dark gray with nailhead trim is cute, though. I do love grays. I love that rectangular storage ottoman as well.
    It's like I went shopping with you!

    ReplyDelete