Thursday, June 14, 2012

Recipe: Cinnamon Honey Butter

In the mornings, I tend to wake up with just enough time to get ready for work/school/appointments/etc. which means I'm not a big breakfast person (unless it's for dinner). Usually, I'll settle for a good ole cookie dough power bar during the car ride. But this morning, I woke up with a few hours to spare and decided to make some REAL food (Don't get me wrong, Balance cookie dough power bars are actually amazing!).

Since I was out of my beloved milk (ehem...McKinlee!), the only thing I could make from scratch was some type of spread for my biscuits. So I went with a copycat recipe of Texas Roadhouse's Cinnamon Honey Butter. Once I tried it, I was almost glad I was out of milk... except it would have gone great with a glass... (*cough* McKinlee *cough*)



What You'll Need:
1/2 cup Butter (1 stick) at room temp.
1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 cup Honey
1 tsp. Cinnamon

Step 1
Whip butter for 30 seconds and scrape down sides.

*Tip*
When bringing butter to room temperature, DO NOT stick it in the microwave. If you're making butter cream, cinnamon honey butter, etc. heating can cause the butter to separate from the other ingredients. The best way to soften butter fast is to grate it before whipping it.
Step 2
Add Powered Sugar, Honey, and Cinnamon and mix until blended. Scrape down the sides and whip for 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture is light and fluffy.

*Tip 2*
When using sticky ingredients (such as honey or peanut butter) in a measuring cup, rinse cup in hot water. Do not wipe excess water out. Instead, add the ingredient in the cup and you'll find it comes out effortless!

Finished Product





Thank you for the jars, Dianna! Guess who has some Cinnamon Honey Butter coming their way!



You can eat this with biscuits, scones, pancakes, waffles, bagels, toast, rolls, sweet potatoes, and more. I added some bacon to my biscuit and it was the perfect sweet and savory combo!

1 comment:

  1. Macon, don't you know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A power bar a day does not keep the doctor away.

    ReplyDelete