Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Recipe: Chicken Ranch Tacos with Fried Tortillas

It has been too long since I've experimented with kitchen creations. Since having surgery, going through recovery, and getting back on track at work, I have missed dirtying up my pots and pans! So tonight I decided to surprise Randall with a home cooked meal, Chicken Ranch Tacos.


Not only is this a different spin on your traditional taco, it's also easy, quick, and affordable. Not to mention delicious!

What You'll Need:
3 cups (24 oz) Cooked Chicken
1 packet of Taco Seasoning
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
Tortillas (instructions on how to make your own golden taco shells are below!)
&
Your Choice of Toppings -- We Used:
Shredded Cheese
 Pico de Gallo
Lettuce
Ranch


Step 1
Add cooked chicken to a large skillet and allow it to warm on medium-high heat.

Step 2
 Once the chicken has heated up, add taco seasoning. Stir to coat, and allow chicken to cook for  5 to 7 minutes.

Step 3
Add Ranch Dressing and stir. Allow chicken to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Optional Step: Fried Tortillas
  If you've never made your own taco shells by frying your tortillas, you've been making your tacos all wrong! I've always felt like store bought taco shells are too crunchy and fall apart as soon as you take the first bite, and using soft tortillas doesn't provide enough of a textural contrast. Fried tortillas offer just the right balance of crunch. Here's here how to make them:
After allowing your fryer to heat up, drop one flour tortilla into the oil.

Immediately place a metal spatula in the center and press the tortilla deep into the oil. Hold in place until golden brown and remove onto paper towels to allow the oil to absorb.

And voilĂ ! The perfect crispy taco shell.
 
Finished Product
 


2 comments:

  1. looks delicious! Will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my god, those look amazing. I love tacos. Macon, if only you weren't with Randall I would ask you to be my wife so I could eat all your cooking. (I would do the cleaning!)

    ReplyDelete